Augers - general information
Augers are manufactured with an external diameter from Ø90mm to Ø1300mm and standard lengths of 1m; 2m; 3m; 6m. The augers are connected with each other by a hexagonal connection secured by a pin. When drilling, the augers transport the soil inside the steel casing pipe. Standard augers are right-handed made of high-quality tempered steel.
Casing pipes - general information
Casing pipes for auger drilling are made in two versions:
- bidirectional casing pipes (threaded or lock connection),
- unidirectional casing pipes (male-female connection).
The entire column of casing pipes consists of:
- casing pipe guide complete with conical auger or hardened drilling head,
- casing pipe set – 50 items (for drilling at distances of 50m),
- casing pipe push ring adapted to the type of drilling rig.
The outer diameter of the casing pipes should always be selected according to the outer diameter of the carrier pipe (“Hobas” type, stoneware, polymer concrete, basalt, PE). The casing pipe should have a diameter equal to or larger than the diameter of the carrier pipe by up to 15mm for diameters Ø159 ÷ 406mm and up to 25mm for diameters above Ø406mm.
Bidirectional casing pipes are used in exceptional situations when unidirectional pipes cannot be used, e.g. when pulling PE pipes.